Anti-Autistic Views in the Orthodox Church: Please Educate Yourselves

Reposting from YouTube 

Religion has been one of my interests from a young age. I come from a Christian Orthodox background, but my interest is not limited to it. I do listen to Orthodox channels though, and it is so sad to find that some are so hostile to the Autistic human variation. I just disliked a video and unsubscribed from a channel that spread a harmful view, in an otherwise very interesting conversation, but I lost all interest at this point and stopped listening. 

Please educate yourselves. I'm sure lots of Orthodox saints, monks and priests were/are Autistic. Autism, the Autistic human variation, has always been there throughout human history, it's genetic and is not caused by "screens", or any modern lifestyle. You know who wanted it to be eradicated as a disability (as all disability), though. Whether you realise it or not, you just hate people like me and advocate for their eradication. 

We are part of the Church too, our being is not a sin.


Read on the blog Featured posts

Stay updated on pages New on the blog and New posts.

My expertise isn’t in how algorithms work, and my focus isn't on marketing myself on social media. I create content, not distribution strategies. If you find the content valuable, your shares can help this work continue and reach more people.

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις από αυτό το ιστολόγιο

5 Το Πρόβλημα με τα «Επίπεδα Αυτισμού» – Παρουσίαση θέματος

Η Κατασκευή του «Αυτισμού»

Σημειώσεις και σχόλια